Sometimes DIY projects go backwards, where you see the solution and then you think of where to use it. For the longest time the wires coming out of my PIAA 520 ATP’s bugged me. Normally I use split loom for everything, but I didn’t want to use it on the outside of the vehicle (where it’s visible) so I just left the lamp wires as is. Then the other day at Fry’s Electronics, I was randomly browsing when I came across a roll of Techflex braided sleeve and it hit me – I’m going to use this for those wires! I bought a 25-foot roll (the smallest size available) and went home to do the job.

Super long 25-foot roll of the stuff, and I only needed like 20-inches.

To do the job properly I had to unsolder the wires from inside the PIAA driving lamps first. Next the sleeve went over the wires, and I locked the sleeve in place at both ends with a small piece of heat shrink tubing. Finally, I soldered the wires back to the lamps, reassembled everything, and I was done. I know it may seem like a small, trivial mod, but I guess as they say – it’s all in the details.

Mod finished, where you can’t even see it unless you look.